Attacker creates a malicious code and inserts that code into your computer. This malicious code will block your file or data that you are accessing. In that case, you must need to contact to someone who will unblock that file or data so that you can access that file easily and pay money to that person. This process of blocking access and then unblocking by taking money is Ransomware.
Many laptop users think that they can create backup of their data and may use it whenever they are not able to access actual data. But, using backup data is not the solution of this problem. There are many protected software developed by software developers that will help you to protect your data and you do not need to pay any money. Due to these attacks, security industry has developed many new tools and software that will help all users to prevent from Ransomware attacks. Many tools are 100 % accurate and available on the internet freely.
Some of the tips are available which must be followed by every laptop user and by following such tips, Ransomware attacks may be prevented.
Ransomware Prevention Tips:
- Make changes in the anti – spam settings in your laptop as per your need
- Block known malicious IP addresses
- Make effective settings in firewall for protection and your system will be more protected
- If you download archive or compressed file, then make necessary settings to scan such files.
- Do not click on any advertisement instant. Think before clicking on advertisement.
- Do not open all kind of attachments in the mail. First check their .exe file information on internet and then decide
- Enable the show file extensions in your windows operating system
- Use strong and unique passwords for your all accounts
- If you have enabled auto play feature in your system, then deactivate it immediately
- File sharing must also be deactivated
- Enable remote services only when you need them otherwise deactivate all remote services
- Windows firewall should be turned on all time and configure it on necessary time.
- All wireless connections should be switched off like Bluetooth connectivity and infrared ports
- Disable windows power shell feature and enable it only whenever necessary
- One of major preventive measure is disabling of windows script host
- Keep clear inventories of all of your digital assets and their locations, so cyber criminals do not attack a system you are unaware of.
- Develop a communication strategy to inform employees if a virus reaches the company network.
- Back up all information to a secure, offsite location
- Train staff on cyber security practices, emphasizing not opening attachments or links from unknown sources
- During internet connectivity, if any process by own, then disconnect internet instantly and process will be stopped
- Use the browser that will block all add on pop ups because such pop ups may be reason of Ransomware attack